Almonds “What A Joy” Recipe
My favorite candy bar used to be this chocolate covered coconut bar with almonds on top – delish!
Unfortunately, that bar doesn’t fit into my healthy lifestyle, so I created this recipe instead. It hits the spot every time!
ALMONDS “WHAT A JOY” RECIPE
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c xylitol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c shredded coconut
- 1/2 c almonds
- 1/4 c xylitol
- 1/2 c coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 c raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Place cupcake liners in a 12-compartment muffin tin.
- Prepare the base by melting coconut oil and xylitol over low heat and whisking together, making sure the granules are fully dissolved.
- Add vanilla extract and coconut flakes and pour into cupcake liners.
- Sprinkle almonds in each compartment and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by melting coconut oil and xylitol over low heat and whisking together, making sure the granules are fully dissolved. Then combine with the rest of the topping ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour topping over each bar and put back in the freezer for 10 minutes or until chilled. Enjoy!
- Make sure the coconut flakes are unsweetened.
- Since this recipe will be an occasional treat, pony up for the best quality coconut oil you can find. Ideally, it would be extra virgin, raw, unrefined, and certified organic.
- If you don’t have xylitol on hand, substitute a quarter cup raw honey instead for both the base and the topping.
Vanilla not only adds a luscious flavor to desserts, it’s also quite powerful when it comes to healing the body. It has been shown to aid in nausea control, alleviate anxiety, and is thought to be an aphrodisiac!
It also happens to be filled with skin beautifying and body purifying antioxidants.
Need more sweet recipes? Check out these delicious brownies!