Carefree Caprese Salad Recipe
I used to live across the street from an amazing Italian restaurant, and one of my favorite dishes was their fresh and creamy Caprese salad!
After deciding to switch to a plant-based diet, eliminating this simple pleasure from my life just wasn’t an option, so this recipe was born!
CAREFREE CAPRESE SALAD RECIPE
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, de-stemmed
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place tomatoes on a plate with avocado and basil leaves.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top.
- Add salt and pepper, and indulge!
- Balsamic vinegar too tangy? Make it sweeter by heating one cup on medium-high heat until it reduces by half.
- If you miss the traditional olive oil in this recipe, feel free to drizzle a tablespoon on top!
Want gorgeous skin and hair? Then eat this salad!
Between the anti-inflammatory essential oils in basil and the skin-plumping, hair-shining omega fatty acids in avocados, this salad will leave you absolutely glowing!
Hungry for more? Try this Spicy Avocado Cucumber Salad Recipe!