Cleansing Cruciferous Chowder Recipe
It’s no secret that I’m a fan of constantly cleansing the body. It’s imperative for health, beauty, weight loss, and longevity.
While I don’t endorse juice fasting for days on end, I do recommend cleansing a bit every day with the foods we eat. This hearty chowder is a perfect way to cleanse your mind and your body.
When I’ve had a long day filled with stress and chaos, this is my go-to dinner!
CLEANSING CRUCIFEROUS CHOWDER RECIPE
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 Tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch cumin
- Stream the broccoli and cauliflower lightly, about 5 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy!
- Steam one chopped potato for 10 minutes and toss into blender for extra creaminess.
- You can substitute basil for cumin.
- Don’t have ginger root? Use nutmeg instead!
- If you want a thinner soup, add coconut milk slowly until you get your desired consistency.
The Buddha once said, “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become.”
So think yourself thin! It may sound crazy and far-fetched, but studies show that women who use visualization exercises (aka thinking about their thinner body and seeing themselves fitting into their skinny jeans) lose more weight faster than those who don’t use these practices!
Now go put that pretty head of yours to work!
Looking for more delicious soup recipes? Give this Not Your Average Cream Of Broccoli Soup Recipe a try!