Spaghetti Squash With Pesto Sauce Recipe
Once a month, I get together with my girlfriends for dinner and a movie, and this is one of our favorite dishes. Whether it’s a chick-flick or classic film, this pasta is always a perfect co-star!
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH PESTO SAUCE RECIPE
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 c fresh basil
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/3 c pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cut spaghetti squash in quarters and remove seeds.
- Place in pot for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove and allow it to cool enough to handle.
- Using a fork, remove the inside of the squash in long, thin strands.
- Place squash in a bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add squash and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and let your taste buds do the happy dance!
- Spaghetti squash can be tough to cut due to its thick skin; however, it cooks much faster when you cut it into small quarters.
- You can also just cut the spaghetti squash in half, place open sides down in a baking pan with two inches of water, and bake for 30-40 minutes. This is a great way to make it in advance or let it cook while you’re off doing something else.
- If you’d like, you can substitute walnuts for pine nuts.
- If you don’t have an avocado, you can use 1/3 c olive oil instead.
The combination of spaghetti squash and pine nuts provides a major source of omega-3 fatty acids. This means glowing skin, hair, and nails thanks to the moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and strengthening components of this nutrient.
Omega-3s can even stimulate hair growth so you can get the long, lush locks you’ve always dreamed of!
Want more healthy, delicious recipes? Give this Chickpea Curry Comfort Recipe a try!