Being alone gets a bad wrap
It is surprising the lengths that many people will go just to avoid spending time alone with themselves!
In fact, there was a study conducted on the topic that suggested people would rather receive electric shock therapy than be alone with nothing to do!
And the question is…why are we so uncomfortable being alone?
The truth is that science shows us that being alone can have a powerful impact on our overall health and positively affect the three pillars of the Transformational Nutrition Model, strengthening the state of our overall wellness.
This is the topic that ITN Founder, Cynthia Garcia, explores in the latest episode of the Transformational Nutrition Podcast.
Making the time to be alone
We all have busy lives, so the next question you may have is not why, but how do we find the time to spend with ourselves, and not be distracted?
Cynthia dives into the answers to that question sharing some of the techniques she’s honed over the years balancing her career and ambitions with parenting and being a present partner in her marriage.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- The science behind why we struggle to be alone, and what you can do about it
- Why spending time alone is so beneficial to our overall health
- Little known spiritual and health benefit that come from spending time alone
- The ONE way you can go from avoiding yourself to dating yourself
- How spending time alone can be great for you, your business and your relationships
Read the transcript for this episode.
Ready to take the next steps toward becoming a Nutrition Coach? Download our detailed Course Catalog
Want to hear more from the ITN student featured in this episode? Connect with Victoria!